New Exercise #117
1. Why is it impossible for anyone to simply tell them to stop?
2. The title calls them “poachers”, but what do local Filipino people call them?
3. How do they destroy the reef?
4. When the reporter goes into the water, how does he describe the contrast of the scene?
1. They are under the protection of the Chinese Navy.
2. “Environmental looters”
3. They anchor their boats to the reef and then rev their engines.
4. He said that it had been a thriving reef system, and that now it was being torn to shreds; they are destroying the reef wholesale. He also said that now it had been turned into a desert.