News Exercise #108
- Why does she do this motorcycling mostly secretly?
- How does the current international political situation make her motorcycling difficult?
- What does the Deputy Speaker think is and isn’t possible?
- Iran is negotiating a lift of trade sanctions. What are the two sides of this that make it a gamble for the government?
1) In Iran, sport is a man’s domain.
2) The sanctions mean that she cannot get spare parts for her motorcycle.
3) He believes that it is possible to have economic relation(s) with the US, but not political.
4) It will offer the prospect of prosperity, but it will be less stable (meaning that the government will have less control).