News Exercise #119
1. According to President Obama, why was the proposed bill not introduced three years ago?
2. Obama used the expression “what if” to express his opinion. What are the two “what if” proposals he introduced?
3. The president doesn’t have much power to go against congress, but what efforts is he making in an effort to make changes without congress?
1. The gun lobby mobilised against it, and the senate blocked it.
2. He said “What if we tried to stop even one (act of violence?” and “What if congress did something, anything, to protect our kids from gun violence?”
3. He said, “A few months ago I directed my team at the White House to look into any new actions I can take to help reduce gun violence, and on Monday I’ll meet with our Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, to discuss our options.