News Exercise #330
1. Why did he use football player Keapernick as an example?
2. What would make the US very quickly change the current gun laws?
3. At the end, Don Lemon (left) summed up his feelings as an African American. What do you feel are his main points?
- Why did he use Keapernick as an example?
Keapernick chose a completely peaceful and respectful way to demonstrate his feelings, but that Trump called him a “sons of a b***h.” This makes it clear that Trump understands nothing of the reasons for Keapernick “taking a knee”, and that this George floyd case illustrated the problem perfectly.
- What would make the US very quickly change the current gun laws?
If black Americans were to legally buy guns to use for demonstrations in the way that many white people have done, then that would force the fastest ever change of US law.
- At the end, Don Lemon (left) summed up his feelings as an African American. What do you feel are his main points?
He said that he was sick of his actions and thoughts being seen as something aggressive and sinister just because of the shell he is in. It is mentally and physically exhausting for all people of colour in the US.
Here is a video posted on Twitter that illustrates in real life the feelings of despair that Don Lemon expressed:
This needs to be heard pic.twitter.com/DeDWEGszOa
— Young Simba (@Mufaa6) May 31, 2020