News Exercise #41
1) How did he describe the rocks that are being thrown? 0:08
2) What are they using as a barricade?
3) Are the snipers using live ammunition?
4) According to the reporter, what had happened to the boy this morning? 0:50
5) How did he explain the cycle of violence? 1:57
6) What does he anticipate for later today, and why?
1) They are littered around the floor. It means dropped, as if with no purpose.
2) They are using a skip, which is a large, metal trash carrier.
3) No, they are using rubber bullets.
4) He disappeared on his was to the mosque.
5) This ‘eye for an eye’ mentality.
6) There is a funeral this afternoon, so this situation could escalate.