News Exercise #56
Mission to Mars
1) Why does she want to go to Mars?
2) What does she get the chance to do at the NASA visitor centre?
3) Why does her father not doubt that she can do it?
4) What subjects does she study?
5) How did Alyssa describe her weekends?
I have a ____ ____ ____. My ____ ____ _____ ____ but ____ ____ ____ ____ ____. Sometimes it could be ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____. These things ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ sometimes.
6) What is one possibility for the Mars mission that she has already made a difficult decision about?
1) She wants to go because it’s a place no-one has been. It’s completely deserted right now, so she wants to take that first step.
2) She gets to deploy a parachute and land Curiosity at the proper landing site on Mars.
3) He thinks that her dream and her passion will drive her to that planet.
4) French, Spanish, Chinese, English language, art, social studies, maths and science.
5)I have a pretty balanced life. My Saturdays are usually packed but not always by NASA stuff. Sometimes it could be due to soccer games or a piano recital. These things help me just be a kid sometimes.
6) It is possible that the mission will be one-way, and if so, she still wants to go.